Hit the Reset Button
By Dr. Day
Sitting here I am preparing for my day, and in my reflections and prayers I wanted to share how important it is how we start our day and reset our day as needed. I know how very demanding it is to move those in our circle of influence in the direction of having a better more meaningful day. It made me wonder: How do you stay fresh, vibrant, and focused with so many demands on you as you traverse through your day?
Here are a few thoughts and ideas I would like to share, that have helped me.
- Fuel your body. Start your daily routine focusing on yourself and preparing your mind and body. I exercise daily to prepare my body and the side benefit is that it prepares my mind and makes me feel unstoppable, and full of energy to share.
- Prioritize. I take time each morning to read, listen to music and pray. It centers my mind and helps me put everything into perspective, many of the concerns of yesterday are not center stage today, and it helps me decide and write down what is important today.
- Feed your soul. If I truly believe in serving those around me throughout my day, I must first and foremost serve myself. If I am not fed, I cannot feed others properly. It puts me in my zone and laser focuses what is on my plate and makes it so seem much more manageable.
- Give yourself a break. Even going between exam rooms I sometimes have to take 30 seconds and hit the reset button. Because once I walk into the next exam room I am “on stage” and will be giving that patient 100% of my servant care. To do this it takes a lot of planning and preparing “before the curtain goes up” as I strive for excellence with each and every patient.
Simple tools to accomplish the above:
- Count your blessings and start your day or personal encounter with gratitude in your heart.
- Listen to music, sometimes just fun, happy tunes, and other times soft, thought provoking music.
- Be a little unpredictable in your day and change up your routine at times. Mental muscle memory can’t grow if we do the same thing every day with every personal encounter.
- Read and reflect on a quote, especially in the quietness of your morning.
Some resources I enjoy:
Motivational speaker Brendon Burchard
“We all have a life story and a message that can inspire others to live a better life or run a better business. Why not use that story and message to serve others and grow a real business doing it?” -Brendon Burchard
“At the end of our lives we all ask, ‘Did I live? Did I love? Did I matter?” -Brendon Burchard
Motivational speaker Les Brown
You Tube –Inspiring music and speeches
These thoughts just fill my mind and I feel compelled to share. Thank you for your visiting and reading my blog, these are my thoughts and I love sharing them.
May your day an awesome reflection of you!
LIVE WITH PASSION, LAUGH OUT LOUD, LOVE DEEPLY, and DON’T FORGET TO DANCE!
*Originally published March 22, 2017 on Medium.com